Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Travelling: London in details

My weekend in London was very short, very exhausting, very busy yet extremely lovely. I’ve managed though to take a few snaps by my camera and Iphone. This is a city you never get tired of.
I think it’s not possible to detects what it is exactly so unique and special about London but I guess details. Details make an outfit stand  out, details make life fun, details make London be London.
The Parliament through the naked branches of trees, the imperturbability of Big Ben under the grey skies, the polite business in the tube, sophistication covered underneath simplicity, history lurking alongside buildings and pavements, an obvious sense of style seen even in the most funkiest look. This is what London is for me.
___________________________________________________
Мои выходные в Лондоне были очень короткими, изматывающими, заполненными, но в то же время невероятно приятными.  Мне удалось сделать несколько снимков, передающих город моими глазами. Город, от которого никогда не устанешь.
На мой взгляд, не возможно отделить от общего впечатления, которое несет Лондон, то, что делает его таким особенным и неповторимым. Но если меня-таки попросят ткнуть пальцем в одну определяющую, я бы сказала - детали. Детали  красят жизнь, преображают внешность, делают Лондон Лондоном.      
Массивное здание парламента через оголенные кроны деревьев, невозмутимость Биг Бена под серым сводом неба, вежливая суета в подземке, утонченность скрытая под простотой, история теснящаяся вдоль стен домов и тротуаров, чувство стиля, читающееся в каждом, даже самом причудливом наряде -  в этом, пожалуй,  и есть красота Лондона.  




Wearing here: Zara jacket, Ted Baker skirt, TopShop boots, Celine tote


There is something really fascinating in Big Ben

Beautiful Matches shop. I seriously could not get enough of it!


Trying on Isabel Marant shoes. Eventually I went for a pair of YSL slingbacks

I've never seen so many umbrellas in one place. It would not be England if it didn't rain!

A snapshot of an impressive IWC Pilot watch


Fashionable doubledecker;)

à la Rus


London has another specialty - shops with awesome interior designs


I sneaked this photo. I just adore the little penguinsn pattern of the dress and banana earring



My black swan dress

Wearing here: Sinequanone dress, Soaked in Luxury jacket, Reply boots, Mulberry clutch 

36 comments:

  1. прекрасные фотографии)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Красавица. Платье в зеркале очень симпатичное!

    ReplyDelete
  3. London is actually my favourite place in the entire world. This post made me smile. I miss it there! I really love that swan dress you wore! It looks beautiful on you!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the comments!
    London is my favourite city in the whole world, and paris. It's so vibrant and fun!
    Nice outfits too, I absolute adore the celine bag, so so beautiful!
    Greets from Brussels,
    Natalie

    www.raspberryblonde.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. London seems SO amazing. Wish I could visit right about now!

    -Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of these photos! London is such an amazing city!! Hope you had so much fun! Would love it if you could check out my latest post and tell me what you think of it! Follow me, I follow you!?

    xo
    Caitlin
    http://hauteeyes.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh you took great photos!! I love your daytime outfit with the Zara jacket.. very lovely!

    xo everything-pretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. You shared some amazing pictures with us, especially the first one is breathtaking. and the stores and the clothes you tried wow!
    you are so lucky.
    was it too cold there?
    p.s thanks for visiting my blog, to answer your question the sunglasses of http://lureofthedarkside.blogspot.com/2012/01/black-and-white-means-vintage.html
    are marc jacobs extreme cat eye sunglasses and not tom ford's Nikita-although they are really similar.
    thought you wanted to know since you asked.

    ReplyDelete
  9. UK is my favorite place in the world... I live there sometimes and just can't get enough of it :( Wish I could stay!

    www.viewfromheels.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think you are so lucky! it's great to see other countries and cultures and I truly hope I'll be able to visit Great Britain some day soon :)
    your photos are great as always - I like the fact that they are full of emotions and taken on random moments. oh, and all the outfits are beautiful too!

    Maiken/
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  11. London is always great!
    Loving your Cèline Tote bag!

    (www.the-parisienne.com)
    ... and maybe we can follow each others!? Let me know if you want!

    ReplyDelete
  12. London is always so inspirative and full of life... Love your pink clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love london! really like the first look and also the black dress!

    http://rueoh.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love London, is my best city ever! And I love so much you Celine tote as well, I want her!!

    Thank you for the comment left on my post I really appreciated it, follow each other's? It would be great!
    Kiss
    http://tati-loves-pearls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice photos, and love the dress. also the nice skirt in one of your photos,love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice photos, I love London so much!:)
    Simona
    www.life-is-a-change.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful look and objects.kiss

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am super in love with your sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like a wonderful trip! Love the first photo - so beautiful. And also really like your Ted Baker skirt - such a great pattern. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love London ! ** Your style is fantastic !!! :)
    Follow each other? :)
    Kiss kiss http://saporedimoda.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic photos! I'm now following you- love to find new blogs!

    M.
    xo
    www.stylesocietyincblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. На фото посреди улицы с Celine и айфоном классная!

    http://acupofmary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. ..fabulous pictures of London !it's an amazing city !
    ..i tak prekrasno vigledjish v black swan dress ..

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love london, everytime I leave it I want back. everytime I;m there I it seems nowhere else exists.

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the photos, I'm glad you liked it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the pictures.. so jealous !
    I bet you had fun and love the Zara jacket. such a great piece to have in one's wardrobe.

    blessings hun new follower you have a lovely blog .

    Lizbeth

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm so jealous of you Alexandra, this looks amazing! Have never been to London if you can believe it! Love that last pic of you, that outfit's fabulous.

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely photos and I love all your cute, floral looks!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. love London
    the last outfit is phenomenal

    ReplyDelete
  30. Отличные фото и наряды!!!)))Теперь я ваша постоянная читательница!:)

    ReplyDelete
  31. отличный отчет.не избитый,необычный и очень атмосферный

    ReplyDelete
  32. интересный отчет и потрясающие фото, считаю счастливцами всех, кто побывал в "Туманном Альбионе")))

    ReplyDelete
  33. офигенная...)

    я твой пч)

    visit: mjalilova.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. i love matches, it has some amazing pieces.

    http://whattheshoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete