Sunday, 19 August 2012

Ralph Lauren F/W 2012 Ad Campaign


In my previous post I mentioned how utterly beautiful I find the Ralph Lauren F/W 2012 collection which is most obviously inspired by the end of the 20-ies and the beginning of the 30-ies. The fascination I've developed with these two decades should be mostly seen as a side effect of my love to the works of F.Scott Fitzgerald. The beauty and sadness with which the author awarded the careless lives of his characters romanticizes that epoch. With the come back of flapper dresses and Leonardo DiСaprio as Jay Gatsby no wonder that Ralph Lauren found inspiration in the years 20-ies/30-ies, not to mentioned the fact that the designer created the all the looks for "The Great Gatsby" starring Robert Redford as Gatsby.  

В моем предыдущем посте  я писала, как осенне-зимняя коллекция дома Ralph Lauren, вдохновленная 20-ми, 30-ми годами прошлого века, заставила мое сердце биться в два раза быстрее, отстукивая под ритм чарльстона. Особые, теплые чувства, которые я питаю к тем двум десятилетиям можно охарактеризовать как побочный эффект моей любви к произведениям ФСкотта Фицджеральда. Красота и печаль, которой автор наделил беспечные жизни своих героев окрашивает романтизмом всю ту эпоху. Неудивительно, что с возвращением платьев флэппер (flapper) и Леонардо ДиКаприо в роли Джея Гэтсби, вдохновение для нынешней коллекции Ralph Lauren было почерпнуто в бурных 20-ых и 30-ых. Не стоит также упускать из виду, что та эпоха известна дизайнеру, как никому другому. Ralph Lauren создал все костюмы для героев фильма "Великий Гэтсби" с Робертом Рэтфердом в главной роли.


Photos: www.vogue.com; www.weheartit.com


Follow me on:

28 comments:

  1. RL always always produce gorgeous campaigns! I can't think of one that I didn't like - they are always classy, elegant and true to RL signature style. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous campaign, very elegant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the first pic,very stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is a beautiful ad, loved the collection! kisses dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great this campaign, i really love ralph laurenn!

    have a nice day!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. the first photo reminds me of old war films. the car, the clothes, those neutral tones, even the dog.. actually everything. and wow, it's crazy but fall (and winter!) will be here already too soon! it's pretty hard to get used to that thought :P

    Maiken,
    Maikeni blogi - part of me

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the fashions of the 1920's and hope they have a great comeback! Also cannot wait to see Leo in the remake of the Gatsby!


    http://danaslookbook.blogspot.com

    XOXO Dana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comment ...
    nice blog... follow each other?

    love and kiss :-*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!
    WOW, I love your blog!
    I'm here your newest follower!
    Follow each other?
    Have a nice day!
    X♥X♥
    Vanessa

    http://lifelikevision.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want this collection in my closet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the campaign and can't wait to see the movie with Leo :) Kisses

    Fashion and Cookies

    ReplyDelete
  12. Every time I see this collection I feel like I should be living in England with those amazing tweed pieces. I seriously obsess over it :p

    ReplyDelete
  13. Totally adore these photos, they have sucha 1920's feel to them and are so beautiful! <3
    xx

    xoxo Bree
    The Urban Umbrella

    http://www.theurbanumbrella.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love it.
    thanks for your comment, i'm following you now :)
    xo
    http://the-caramel-dream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh such a gorgeous collection. Thanks for following me. Following back. DO you like to follow on bloglovin too? Let me know will follow you back.
    www.thoughtsofpaps.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very nice blog! Do u mind following each other? :)http://ytagayuna.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. so stunning!

    xx

    www.aroundlucia.com
    www.aroundlucia.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful campaign as always RL does the best pictures, and great movie also.
    Kisses
    City-aholic.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Ralph Lauren campaigns! This one is particularly gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ooh, such elegant photos. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the campaign, it looks amazing! :D

    xoxo,
    Cindy C.
    http://styleologie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi dear, hope you are well. I hadn't seen this campaign before, the inspiration is so great and fits fabulously into Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  23. lovely! can't wait :)

    xx, rebecca
    awayinparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ralph Lauren is so classic..love it!
    I can't believe we weren't following each other either..do you wanna follow on bloglovin' as well? I will do both now!
    Sheree x
    www.itsnotthatdeep.com

    ReplyDelete